One of the most common questions we get asked is "how to win at slots?" Everybody wants to learn how to win at slots, and nothing makes more sense. What's the point of playing slots, or any casino game for that matter, if you're never going to make any money? So, the question is, can players learn how to win at slots?
Keeping in mind that slots, both online and land-based, is primarily a game of chance, there are time-tested ways you can increase your chances. Winning at online slots comes down to a few main points:
- You have to play on the slot bonuses offered by online casinos.
- You have to play the right slot machines and bet aggressively to give yourself more frequent big wins
- You have to learn how to set the right win goals and stop playing once you've hit them. That is extremely important, because many people have the tendency to just keep on going and lose their hard-won cash.
- Online slots are essentially just like slots in live casinos. You play them the same (just click the "Spin" button), and the random number generator in their software, which determines what's going to show up on the paylines, is fundamentally just the same. You will also find the graphics and sound effects are similar and multi-themed for your added interest and enjoyment.
So, online slots are exactly like Las Vegas slots, except with three very important differences. These differences are what make it possible to win money over the long run with good online slot strategy, whereas you can only rarely win in the long run on land-based casino slots. Here are the differences:
- Online slot players have a lot more options—literally hundreds of different types of slot machines to choose from, at the click of a mouse and in the comfort of your own home.
- Online slot players get free bonus money! This is where your winnings come from, if you don't give them back by not stopping at your goal amount (see above)
- Online slots are set looser! Having the house edge set lower on online slots lets you keep more of your bonus.
Remember to only play with money you can actually afford to lose, and bet big as you will get to the bigger jackpots. In fact, if you are betting very small per spin in hopes of winning more often, it's actually a bad strategy, unless you're looking mainly for entertainment. As you will never get to that big win you came for. You have to bet enough to hit a significant win target when you do win. That means you have to bet a big enough percentage of your deposit on each spin to give you a chance to hit that target.
Don't expect to win every single time you play any slot machine, even when playing an online slot with a winning strategy. There will be some wins and some losses, and that’s the name of the game. The key is to win more than you lose over the long run.
Playing slots online means 4-6% more payback than if you play in land-based casinos! These are percentages you will feel with more frequent wins.
Slots winning strategy summary
Well, don't believe anyone that promises you a 100% method of how to win at slots, since slot machines are basically a game of chance. Than means that winning at slots always has an element of chance. Sometimes you'll win at slots and other times you'll spin and lose. But, there sure are smart ways to play slots. Here is the list of the winning slots tips:
- Limit your budget. This is the first and may be the most important thing to do. Everybody wants to win at slots, and that's exactly the point where one needs to stop and think. Hey, if I loose, how far I'm willing to go? Limiting your budget allows you to be in control even if it's not your best day.
- Choose the right casino.As you probably know, every casino has predefined payout rate, i.e. amount of money that supposed to be paid back to the players. No, no, it's not the big brother, it's just statistics. Try to figure out what payout percent the casino of your choice is promising. Get an independent opinion on gambling forums and/or message boards. Payout percent above 95 is considered reasonable. Just to compare - Las Vegas slots are usually set to pay an average of 85% to 90%. We can recommend you to play slots at 97% payout slots casino - best payout in the industry in 2010.
- Choose the right slot machine. Similar to casinos, there is a choice of the slot machine you want to play. Slot machines very by many factors and payout percent is the most important one, if you want to win the slot game.
- Make decision about your strategy and stick to it.. There are different types of slot players. Some people want to spend less and happy to win a couple of dollars, others are more aggressive and want to feel the thrill of the game. The whole range of different slots are available, starting from penny slots all the way up to five dollar slots.
If you are really serious about winning at slots - consider jackpots. Jackpots are huge those days, but remember - there is a good reason for that - "the winner takes it all"!
Don't try to go against your nature. Stay cool and keep your strategy. Don't let downs to destroy your style - ups will pay off.
- Use your gut feeling. Feel the game. Sometimes there is nothing better then feeling. Some people feel the new slots are better for them, others wait for online slots tournaments to win extra prizes and communicate with other slot players. Some people have "lucky days", others wait for the "lucky wave". Don't ignore the feeling - feeling is everything.
So, we wish you Good luck and happy winnings!