Online Gambling: General Amnesty?
In an article written by renowned
Professor I. Nelson Rose
, who is the leading authority on the gambling law, I am in total agreement with his assessment regarding internet gambling. Black Friday was a horrendous day, and caused great angst among online players, especially those in the US. There are some things in life that are inevitable; online gambling is one of them. At a time when the economic security of the US is reaching a crisis point, it seems to this writer that the revenue made from online gambling would we more than welcomed. The problem, as I see it, is the lack of stability in the Congress. For a few years now, Congressman
and others have tried to repeal the UIGEA Law, without success. This is directly due to the obstructionism of the Republican Party and their bid to maintain an ideology that is so far to the right it’s comical. While I am against censorship in any form, I do not see the logic behind the recent actions taken by the Department of Justice. I agree with Professor Rose when he says “no matter what the DoJ does, it cannot stop the press toward legalization.”
It is not surprising that Steve Wynn is working with PokerStars in order to reinstate them online for American Players. Nor is it a surprise that many states have legalized online gambling. Since the present Congress will not even broach the subject, we may have to wait for the repeal of the UIGEA Law in 2012 when, hopefully, a Democratic Congress will once again gain the majority. Until then, every State in the US has to determine how they will cope with their own economic crisis. Given the fact that they can reap millions from the
industry, perhaps they should take a page from Mr. Wynn’s book and get on board. It’s not that difficult. Require that online gambling sites operate within US boarders, ensure the safety and security of online payments by setting up a banking method that all US players can utilize, and apply for the eCOGRA Seal of Approval.
Amnesty for All
I agree with Professor Rose’s assessment that if there is “general amnesty, there will be winners.” If not, certainly there will be losers. At a time when unemployment is at its highest, shouldn’t we do all we can to win this economic battle? If the French can do it, why can’t we?
- Jonny Jackpot Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes January 15, 2021
- CasiGo Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes January 15, 2021
- Captain Spins Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes January 15, 2021
- King Neptunes Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes January 14, 2021
- SportsBetting.ag Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes January 14, 2021
- PokiesWay Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes January 11, 2021
- GunsBet Caino No Deposit Bonus Codes January 10, 2021
- New Bodog Video Poker games are Available now at Bovada casino January 10, 2021
- PointsBet Bonuses January 10, 2021
- Wild Joker Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes January 10, 2021