Playing Online Roulette
The glamour of roulette is what draws many of us into brick-and-mortar casinos. The beautiful tables and the dashing croupiers spinning the wheels and rolling the little ivory balls are all the stuff of the great and beautiful casinos of the world. Unlike slot games, however, roulette can be a bit intimidating to the uninitiated. At brick-and-mortar casinos, table stakes tend to be high, and the gamblers crowded around those tables really know their stuff – how is a beginner going to get a foothold? There is no place better to learn the ropes of the roulette table than an online casino.
The EquipmentWhether you are playing in a brick-and-mortar casino or a virtual casino, the equipment is the same. Instead of being made of metal and wood, your online casino will give you a digital representation of the equipment, but in today’s casinos, the digital representations are so realistic that you will think that you are standing at the edge of a real roulette table.
10 Online Casinos to Play Roulette:
The WheelThe word “Roulette” is French for “little wheel”, and this whole game surrounds the beautiful little wheel. About the wheel you will find 37 or 38 randomly numbered slots. The French/European version of the game has 37 slots, and a single green zero slot. The American version has a second green slot which is numbered with a double zero. The rest of the slots are numbered from 1 through 36. The order of the numbers is random, and they are in alternating red and black colored slots.
The TableThe felt surface of the table has a layout of all the numbers on the wheel on corresponding colors. In addition, there are areas representing blocks of numbers in various combinations and the colors of red and black. In Monte Carlo, roulette wheels have a very large tables with layouts on either side of the center mounted wheel. Elsewhere there is a single layout with the wheel mounted at the end of the table.
Placing BetsMany bets are possible in Roulette, and many odds and many payouts. The types of bets are broken into two broad categories: Inside Bets and Outside Bets.
Inside BetsThese are simple, long odds bets.
- Straight-up – a bet on any single number
- Split – a bet on two adjoining numbers
- Street – a bet on three adjunct numbers in a horizontal line
- Corner – a bet on a block of four numbers in a square
- Six-line – a bet on two adjoining streets
- Trio – a bet on 0, 1 and 2 or 0, 2 and 3 (European style tables only)
- Basket – a bet on 0, 1 and 2; 0, 00 and 2; or 00, 2 and 3 (American style tables only)
- Top Line – a bet on 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3 (American style tables only)
Outside BetsThe Outside Bets have much better odds of hitting, and they are commensurately lower paid when they do. Here are the Outside Bets:
- 1 to 18 – a bet on the first half of the numbers, not including 0 or 00
- 19 to 36 – a bet on the second half of the numbers
- Red or Black – a bet on the color that will come up, not including green
- Even or Odd – a bet on whether an even number or an odd number will hit
- Dozen Bets – a bet on blocks of 12 numbers. Players may select 1 – 12, 13 – 24 or 25 – 36
- Column Bets – a bet on any of the three vertical columns, again containing 12 numbers, but randomized
Try a Game of Roulette Tonight!The great thing about online casinos is that there are low table minimums, so you can try your Roulette skills for a dollar per spin until you develop your system. All of the top casinos have Roulette wheels, so head over to your favorite and get the little wheel spinning! There is no game so glamorous or exciting as Roulette.
- All About Cabaret Club November 25, 2020
- Bitcoin Expansion for Online Gamers November 17, 2020
- Games at Money Storm Casino November 4, 2020
- Liberty Slots Casino Practice Play October 15, 2020
- Gaming Strategy October 8, 2020
- Slots and Bonuses at BetDNA Casino October 8, 2020
- The New Super Slick Slots.LV Casino August 11, 2020
- $214 Daily Freerolls and new slots August 5, 2020
- Casino Slots and Traditional Values August 5, 2020
- Ten Years of Tomb Raider Slots August 4, 2020