Nevada Hopes to Launch Real-Money Live Online Poker
Even though web poker has been legal in Nevada since June 2011, it was not until December 2011, the gaming industry laws were adopted. This gives the casinos the authority to operate poker sites. The gaming industry in Nevada has a long reputation, and the reluctance for regulators to approve live poker gaming in Nevada has been one of the reasons for approval delay.
The Popularity of Real Money Poker SitesThese interactive poker sites have increased in popularity, and more gaming facilities all of the country would like the ability to operate these live poker websites. The competition for poker websites has decreased as a quantity of foreign websites were told they could no longer accept US players. This led to foreign software providers approaching offline casinos to provide the interactive poker technology at regular casinos.
Some Casinos Opt for Free-PlayThe hope is that by the end of 2013, more Nevada casinos will be able to offer real-money poker. A few casinos have become licensed to allow real-money playing on their websites. Some websites that have not applied for license to offer real-money poker have just setup online poker gaming that does not involve money. The free play option created on these websites have been used to drive traffic to the casino. Read our review of Poker Rooms Currently Open to US Players
- How Can US Residents Play Poker Online? October 8, 2020
- 888 Online Poker in Nevada October 8, 2020
- Bodog Poker Open II August 5, 2020
- Ultimate Bet Is Closed For Business August 2, 2020
- Current US State by State Poker Laws August 2, 2020
- Full Tilt Poker för Svenskar July 15, 2020
- The Return of Bovada Poker Comes with Many Caveats July 14, 2020
- Ignition Mobile Poker July 14, 2020
- 888 Poker USA June 18, 2020
- Spin Palace Poker June 17, 2020