Play Online Blackjack at Slots.lvBlackjack, or 21 as it is sometimes called, is perhaps one of the best games you can play as it has a meager house percentage - approximately .5%, whereas, at a land-based casino, the house edge is 1%. With so many variations of online Blackjack, this guide will discuss regular Blackjack you can play at any online casino.
What is the Objective of the Game?Players want to get a higher score than the dealer without going over 21. The best way to get 21 is to get an Ace and a Face Card. After you get your two cards, you can build on them to get as close to 21 as possible without going over. Always keep an eye on the dealer's cards. He or she gets two cards from the start - one is face-up, and one is face down.
What are the Card Values?
- Cards 2 to 10 are worth their face value
- Kings, Queens, and Jacks equals the value of 10
- Ace equals the value of either 1 or 11, depending on which value helps your hand.
Follow These Steps When Playing Blackjack at Slots.LV Casino
- Place your bet by clicking on a chip value. Bets range between $1 and $2500. After you place your bet, both you and the dealer receive two cards. Look at your cards and the dealer's card and decide on your next move. These are your possible options:
- Hit: If you want one more card to increase the value of your hand. Be sure you don't bust, meaning going over 21.
- Stand: If you are reasonably sure you have a good hand and are ready to see the dealer's hand.
- Split: Gives you the option of splitting cards of the same value into two separate hands.
- Double Down: This allows you to double your bet, automatically giving you one additional card. Tip: Once you receive your card, you cannot ask for another.
- Insurance: This is a side bet available if the dealer's card is an Ace. Bet half of your original bet to protect yourself if the dealer has Blackjack.
- If you have 21 or less, you face the dealer—the dealer has to stand at 17 or higher. When you see the dealer's second hand, and neither you nor the dealer bust (total cards are over 21), your hands are compared. The higher hand wins.
How to Win at Blackjack
- You get a Blackjack (21) on your first two cards, while the dealer fails to do the same.
- You get a better hand than the dealer, but not exceeding 21.
- The Dealer busts, i.e., goes over 21.
What are the Payouts for Blackjack at Slots.LV Casino?The highest payout at Slots.LV for online Blackjack is 3:2 for a Blackjack, with any other winning hand offering 1:1. If you have a winning blackjack hand, you get paid $3 for every $2 that you bet, whereas a standard win in Blackjack earns you $1 for every $1 you bet for a total of $2.
What are the General Tips on Playing Blackjack?
- Surrender: If your hand is 12-17, and the dealer has a 9, 10, or Ace, or; if your hand is 14-16 and the dealer has a 10.
- Double Down when your cards total 11; when you have soft 16, 17, or 18; or
- when you have a 9 or 10.
- Split: Pairs of Aces or 8s. Never split if you have 4s, 5s, or 10s.
- Hit: Until you reach 17.
- Stand: If you have a 19, 20, or 21, or when the dealer has 17. If you hold with an 18, then stand if the dealer shows a 2, 7, or 8.