Will Governor Christie Veto the Gambling Bill?
What was supposed to be the final do or die scenario on February 24th has been delayed until March 4. This is due to the fact that the New Jersey State legislation will not be back in session until then. As we reported, if the bill is not signed by Governor Christie, it would automatically become law. The Governor is getting a lot of pressure on both sides of the aisle about this bill. Proponents of the bill, such as Caesars, would like nothing better than to benefit from online gambling. Conversely, federal prosecutors may deem this bill unlawful as it violates the Wire Act. This could lead to a state violation resulting in a lawsuit. Will Governor Christie veto the gambling bill? Check back with us on March 4 for the answer.
USA legislation News
- Iowa legislator to propose bill for the expansion of the current online gambling limits August 6, 2020
- Federal Online Gaming Bill Looks Doomed Already August 6, 2020
- New US Online Gaming Association August 5, 2020
- Online Casino Market in U.S. Takes a Hit August 5, 2020
- Caesars Entertainment confirms online gaming focus for new venture August 2, 2020
- Delaware is Poised to Award contracts for Online Casinos July 30, 2020
- Nevada calls for intrastate input from others. July 30, 2020
- Oklahoma authorizes real-money online casino for local tribes July 15, 2020
- Another Hearing on the Legalization of Online Gambling February 11, 2020
- Paddy Power Applies for Nevada Gaming License February 9, 2020