Delaware Sports Betting
Due to the overturning of the 1992 federal law banning sports betting by the US Supreme Court, Delaware has raised the flag and has begun sports betting at three of their casinos: Delaware Park, Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, and Harrington Raceway & Casino. Delaware will be the first state to beat others to the punch in this genre. Considering that Delaware is the “first” state, this is a milestone for them.
What Does This Mean for Bettors?Well, if you win more than $5000, the casino will withhold 24% in taxes, and that doesn’t even include the IRS’s portion of the win. But the good news is that gamblers will be able to bet on any sports game.
What Other States May Join the Fray?According to sources, it looks like West Virginia, Mississippi, and Pennsylvania may take up the bill and follow in the footsteps of Delaware.
USA legislation News
- Online Gaming Debate in Illinois August 11, 2020
- Another Hearing on the Legalization of Online Gambling August 11, 2020
- Barney Frank Holds Hearing to Repeal UIGEA August 10, 2020
- Nevada calls for intrastate input from others. August 10, 2020
- 888 Expects to Launch Online Poker in Nevada This Summer August 10, 2020
- Paddy Power Applies for Nevada Gaming License August 10, 2020
- Iowa legislator to propose bill for the expansion of the current online gambling limits August 6, 2020
- Federal Online Gaming Bill Looks Doomed Already August 6, 2020
- New US Online Gaming Association August 5, 2020
- Online Casino Market in U.S. Takes a Hit August 5, 2020