Delaware Sports Betting
Due to the overturning of the 1992 federal law banning sports betting by the US Supreme Court, Delaware has raised the flag and has begun sports betting at three of their casinos: Delaware Park, Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, and Harrington Raceway & Casino. Delaware will be the first state to beat others to the punch in this genre. Considering that Delaware is the “first” state, this is a milestone for them.
What Does This Mean for Bettors?Well, if you win more than $5000, the casino will withhold 24% in taxes, and that doesn’t even include the IRS’s portion of the win. But the good news is that gamblers will be able to bet on any sports game.
What Other States May Join the Fray?According to sources, it looks like West Virginia, Mississippi, and Pennsylvania may take up the bill and follow in the footsteps of Delaware.
USA legislation News
- Playing Casino Games in Nevada October 8, 2020
- Paddy Power and Nevada Gaming License October 8, 2020
- 888 Poker Nevada October 8, 2020
- Nevada Law AB114 October 7, 2020
- Repeal UIGEA October 7, 2020
- Internet Gambling October 7, 2020
- Online Gaming Debate in Illinois August 11, 2020
- Another Hearing on the Legalization of Online Gambling August 11, 2020
- Iowa legislator to propose bill for the expansion of the current online gambling limits August 6, 2020
- Federal Online Gaming Bill Looks Doomed Already August 6, 2020