NJ Senate Approves Online Gambling Bill
In a move that will have online players buzzing, the New Jersey Senate has just approved online gambling for its residents. The bill also allows residents in other countries to bet on these Atlantic City websites. Included in the bill is a 15% tax on revenue as well. Once the bill passes the Senate and signed into law, this would make New Jersey the first state to legalized online gambling. Wagering would be made available on such casino games as Slots, Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Poker, Red Dog, Pai Gow, and any variation of these games. The operators of these internet gambling sites have to be Atlantic City licensed casino operators and the facilities must be located in Atlantic City as well. This bill is likely to be signed into law before the end of this year due to the fact that Atlantic City Casinos are witnessing a decrease in revenue.
Legalization of Online Gambling in the USAs you know, we have been reporting on the progress of Barney Frank ’s Bill which would legalize gambling throughout the US. To date, he has 50 co-sponsors and has yet to send the bill to mark-up. However, the Poker Player’s Alliance is lobbying heavily to ensure that the legalization of online gambling in the US comes to fruition. Once the Republicans take over the House on January 1, we will have more updates on this matter.
Harrah’s Caesars Casino Re-LaunchesWe also reported that Harrah’s launched its online Caesars Casino in order to stay ahead of the pack when the UIGEA Law is repealed. Originally, Caesars Casino was powered by Dragonfish, but it was just reported that Harrah’s is re-launching Caesars Casino using Jackpot Joy gaming company. This will enable online players to play casino games using both flash and download. Although not currently open to US players, Harrah’s wants to ensure than when the UIGEA Law is repealed, all US players will have the opportunity to play at Caesars Casino and Caesars Poker online.
USA legislation News
- Playing Casino Games in Nevada October 8, 2020
- Paddy Power and Nevada Gaming License October 8, 2020
- 888 Poker Nevada October 8, 2020
- Nevada Law AB114 October 7, 2020
- Repeal UIGEA October 7, 2020
- Internet Gambling October 7, 2020
- Online Gaming Debate in Illinois August 11, 2020
- Another Hearing on the Legalization of Online Gambling August 11, 2020
- Iowa legislator to propose bill for the expansion of the current online gambling limits August 6, 2020
- Federal Online Gaming Bill Looks Doomed Already August 6, 2020