Mississippi Gulf Coast Casinos
And now it begins! Mississippi’s Island View Casino I Gulfport plans to expand in lade June of 2018 thereby taking the fast track on the south Mississippi gambling business. The sports book betting, that the U.S. Supreme Court ruling overturned on May 14, 2018, makes Mississippi the first state to go legal on sports betting. Anticipating the ruling by the Supreme Court, Mississippi had everything in place, and the Island View Casino will greet sports gamblers in time for the Football Season. For the first time in Mississippi, its home town players will finally have their say. Moreover, there are 28 casinos in Mississippi, and all of them are getting ready to present sports betting in their casinos.
Mississippi Looks Forward to Visitors from Louisiana and New OrleansBecause Louisiana is still against sports betting, vis a vis the Governor of that State, an influx of sports gamblers will no doubt visit Mississippi, as well as those gamblers from the North Shore and New Orleans. This doesn’t bode well for Louisiana, a state that will no doubt lose much needed revenue if legislation for legal sports gambling doesn't become part of their discussion. It should be noted that the Supreme Court ruling came out of a case in which the State of New Jersey challenged a 26-year old ban on legalized sports betting outside of Nevada. However, it is now clear that Mississippi, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New York, and Delaware are getting ready to jump into the fray and begin the process of legalized sports betting.
USA legislation News
- Playing Casino Games in Nevada October 8, 2020
- Paddy Power and Nevada Gaming License October 8, 2020
- 888 Poker Nevada October 8, 2020
- Nevada Law AB114 October 7, 2020
- Repeal UIGEA October 7, 2020
- Internet Gambling October 7, 2020
- Online Gaming Debate in Illinois August 11, 2020
- Another Hearing on the Legalization of Online Gambling August 11, 2020
- Iowa legislator to propose bill for the expansion of the current online gambling limits August 6, 2020
- Federal Online Gaming Bill Looks Doomed Already August 6, 2020