Mohegan Sun Casino Taps OnGame for Online Poker
The second largest land based casino in the USA is now going to be going online soon as it has selected Amaya's newly acquired OnGame poker network to provide the software. To start the brand www.mohegansun.com will only be providing play for free poker, but that is sure to change in due time when it's legalized state by state or even federally. The site will launch in 2013 and will also be used as a promotional vehicle for the land-based operation as explained by CEO Mitchell Etess, "Our goal is always to provide our guests with the best gaming and entertainment offerings and we believe iGaming is the next step in fulfilling the demand for regulated online play when customers aren't able to be on property."
- The Mohegan Tribal Authority is proud to announce the partnership and looks forward to when the site launch where they can now offer play for fun and once day offer play for real money online poker.
- It wasn't an easy search to find the right online poker software provider for Mohegan Sun as they took a full six months to finally settle on the OnGame. They were looking for a specific partner that had extraordinary regulatory experience and the flexibility to work with the current situation in the US, by offering intra-state play-for-free poker at first, and the technology must be able to offer real money online poker when it is legalized.
- What makes this deal really ground breaking is that Mohegan Sun is the first actual East Coast land based casino operation to seal a deal with an online software provider specifically to go in to the online gaming space. This is something at Mohegan Sun as a business strategy has been looking into seriously for quite some time. It is a solid extension of their marketing interests of reaching and retaining a broad base of international and domestic consumers.
- Currently, the casino caters to large number of customer's worldwide and the new online gaming web site will certainly expand that base and represent the brand when they can't be at the land-based operation as Etess added, "Our goal is always to provide our guests with the best gaming and entertainment offerings and we believe iGaming is the next step in fulfilling the demand for regulated online play when customers aren't able to be playing on property."
- Now that an Eastern located casino operation has officially entered the online gaming arena, there will surely be more casinos looking at this opportunity in 2013. Initially, it was only the Western states like Nevada and California that have taken the giant leap to adopting legislation with Nevada leading the way.
It will just be a matter of time before online poker software networks like Ongame become household names in the legal and regulated gaming market in the US .