Why the UIGEA Law Won’t Work!
It isn’t even June 1 yet and already the UIGEA Law is being utilized to thwart non-gambling sites! According to reports, the South Florida Blues Society had its online transactions blocked by PayPal . South Florida Blues Society is a music-based online site that raises money through raffle tickets sold on its website. Members who join this society purchase merchandise, music, and other items that has absolutely nothing to do with gambling. Yet, they were targeted as a result of the UIGEA, which no one clearly understands. Ironically, Congressman Barney Frank was prophetic in stating that if the law did go into effect on June 1, there would be so much mayhem and confusion that it would move the repeal process forward. This is exactly the case as Visa and MasterCard are now banning credit card transactions for what they “think” are internet gambling related payments. Let the games begin!
USA legislation News
- Hawaii and Online Gambling December 6, 2020
- Playing Casino Games in Nevada October 8, 2020
- Paddy Power and Nevada Gaming License October 8, 2020
- 888 Poker Nevada October 8, 2020
- Nevada Law AB114 October 7, 2020
- Repeal UIGEA October 7, 2020
- Internet Gambling October 7, 2020
- Online Gaming Debate in Illinois August 11, 2020
- Another Hearing on the Legalization of Online Gambling August 11, 2020
- Iowa legislator to propose bill for the expansion of the current online gambling limits August 6, 2020